Wednesday, November 5, 2008

God Bless America



God Bless America!! Because He has blessed America for 232 years as a nation, it is a wonderful time to be reassured that He is still on His throne!! It is our personal belief that America is God's nation, and often we have quoted and heard repeated the Scripture "Blessed is a nation whose God is the Lord." But more than any day in the recent past, today we are reassured that this nation called America that we and most Americans love, is God's, because we are His and America was His idea.

Let's celebrate Him and be glad He is still in charge of the future of this country.

We urge you to join us with a full voice looking with great hope and expectancy to declare this day:
God bless America
Land that I love
From the mountains to the prairies,
to the oceans white with foam.
God bless America my home sweet home
God bless America my home sweet home

3 comments:

Rachel said...

A good reminder. God is in control and we easily forget that. GOD IS BIGGER THAN THE PRESIDENT!

Kim Vogel Sawyer said...

No matter who is in that position of leadership, we as Christians serve God. And part of our service is to lift our earthly leader in prayer. We have an opportunity to do that corporately at http://is.gd/6oKz if anyone is interested. And if not, I encourage you to be in personal prayer for our nation and our leader, that he is the kind of man that will honor God in his decisions (I'd be praying that if "my" candidate had won, too.) GOD BLESS AMERICA indeed!

Sam said...

Aunt Caron! I totally agree with your blog post. I'm so happy you have this blog so I can keep up with what's going on down there in Texas. I was sad that I didn't get to enjoy evacuation at your house this year...but at the same time I'm not because hurricanes are kinda scary. :) I'm glad everything turned out ok. I'll make sure and keep in touch! Love Ya!