Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Gigglebox


Did you hear the sound on Sunday? The rumble in Heaven? The whooping and hollering. The giggling? If you listened closely, I'm sure you could've. For Aunt Thelma joined Jesus and her family on Sunday! And there HAD to be laughter!

Aunt Thelma couldn't tell a story without giggling. She'd start to talk, cut her eyes in your direction and bend over double, laughing. Didn't much matter what topic: giggles tickled her insides. Of course it was contagious. The audience soon joined in and gales of laughter filled a room. She was SO much fun!

My mother's sister, Thelma Reed, the gigglebox received her mansion in heaven Sunday. We'll miss laughing with her here, but know one day..... and keep your ears open, you might just hear a belly laugh.

John 14: Let not your heart be troubled. You are trusting God now trust in me. There are many homes up there where my Father lives, and I am going to prepare them for your coming. When everything is ready, then I will come and get you that you can always be with me where I am. If this weren't so, I would tell you plainly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your appropriate words for our dear sweet aunt. She will be much missed. Kathy took Mom and Dad to see her Saturday. We are so glad they got to be with her for that short time.
God bless you,
Deb

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and profound statement of life continuing on in the blessed presence of our Lord, King Jesus! This was a lovely profession of love and legacy. Obviously your precious aunt left this world and those she touched, richer by the experience of her and her laughter!