Wednesday, March 31, 2010

You Never Know Who Reads



A friend of mine had an amazing Facebook experience. In light of bad press with so much of our social networking, this is heartening:

You know how many of us will post a snippet on Facebook each morning—a Scripture with a comment or two? Many do it, and often people will post a reply: “I love that verse” or “Wow, I really needed that this morning.” It’s heartening to know someone is being blessed by something we posted. A woman contacted me recently. Here's her reply:

I’ve been reading your devotional posts. You have no idea how God has used the things you say to speak to my heart. I’m a Christian but I’ve been struggling with depression. and afraid to tell anyone because they would condemn me and say my faith wasn’t strong enough. Three days ago, I planned to end my life. I wanted out. I couldn’t struggle against the depression any more. I had already made plans but I read your devotional post about God granting peace in the middle of pain and conflict, and that my adversity wasn’t bigger than God. That evening after work I had a choice. I could follow through with my plans or not. Before I did anything, I pulled out my Bible and read the passage you posted that morning. I realized that God didn’t condemn me for my depression and I poured out my heart to Him. He said it wasn’t time for me to come Home yet. Thank you for letting God use you.

Isn't our God amazing? In this Easter week when many hearts are tender and receptive, choose carefully how you walk and speak; and choose what your FB post says. You never know who reads it!

1 comment:

Roxanne Sherwood said...

Wow. It's amazing how God used your words to save a woman's life. Thanks for sharing.