Monday, April 7, 2008

SmallTown blessings!


After SmallTown church split, Pastor B wasn’t sure he could keep the doors open for the remaining congregants. To help in the budget struggle, he gave up his salary and worked at Wal-mart. After some time, a new member of the church asked to meet with him. Not sure of her needs, he set aside ample time for a visit.

Mrs. Newcomer began with a startling statement, “I drove past the church and heard the Lord speak to me. He said I was to attend this church. I argued with Him since I wasn’t accustomed to this denomination.” But the persistence of the Lord caused her to attend and then join the congregation. In the coming days, she was impressed again. This time the Lord wanted her to give a gift, resulting in this very meeting. “I’d like to help SmallTown church financially.”

Pastor B’s gratitude was obvious. Little did he realize the scope of her help. Mrs. Newcomer paid off the substantial church mortgage and SmallTown now owns their building.

Do you think Pastor B sees God’s provision in a different light now than before? How has God provided for you?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a great website. We have a lot to praise God about lately. Todd does not have cancer! Sherrie's brain aneurysm was caught and fixed before it burst. My grandmother is home and doing great since they reprogrammed her defibrillator. We have an Awesome God!!!!!!!!
Love, Elaine

Rachel said...

I love the design of the site. Very cool! I might have my student loans paid off...at least half. Praise His provision!!

Anonymous said...

This website is a magnificent garden of encouragement! You have provided a dance floor for the hearts, minds and souls of millions in cyberspace. I am but one simple being blessed and lifted up by all your hard work and loving efforts. Well done my good and faithful friend!